Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CILANTRO ROLLS


I love cilantro rolls (pudachi wadi to me). The preparation is time consuming but this time I mustered the courage to make them.

Cilantro was cleaned and left to dry before chopping it finely. Green chilly-ginger-garlic paste was sauteed, after which I added some finely chopped onions. Once the onions were done, I added the cilantro. At the same time I also introduced salt and amchur powder. After sauteing the cilantro for a bit, I turned off the heat and added previously roasted sesame, poppy seeds and dry coconut to the mixutre.

The dough for the rolls is a combination of wheat flour and besan. A small portion of the dough is taken, rolled into a smallish round. One side of this rolled dough is coated with a mixture of garam masala in oil. Cilantro mixture is placed in the center on the same side. Edges are folded and sealed to form a roll.

The rolls are fried; guess what is the next step - chomp, chomp, chomp :)

No comments: